Position: Senior Matte Painter
Department: Art & Design
The Matte Painter reports to the VFX Supervisor and Art Director and will be responsible for creating matte paintings for high end VFX feature films.
- Collaboration with Art Director on feature film matte paintings.
- Communicate and interact with other departments.
- Attend dailies and any job related tasks necessary for your painting.
- Must have previous feature film experience.
- Must have high-level photo real painting experience and have the ability to match lighting and photo real characteristics of the plates supplied.
- Strong skill base and experience in Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D packages and projection painting is preferable.
- High skill level in painting, composition, perspective, and color.
- Experience painting mattes and set extensions.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and self-guided.
- Must know how to work with reference and work efficiently.
Online Resume Submission:
Please click here if you wish to apply online for this position.